Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Against All odds

No this post is not an ode to all things Phil Collins, far from it, unless he is a fan of broccoli grown in adverse conditions. You may remember earlier posts about my broccoli trial. I don't mean the purple sprouting broccoli, I mean the impulse bought early green broccoli thingo. Well in my infinite wisdom I introduced him to his good friend Mr Snowpea and Mr Snowpea's trellis.

Unfortunately the trellis severely restricted the movement of Mr Broccoli and I thought he would never produce anything edible.

Yet look what I found the other day - a little head growing!

I also added lettuce to this crowded but diverse pot. I keep using so much lettuce in my salads that it is now growing in five pots!

Broccoli, lettuce, snow peas and more - it looks like it is going to be a great harvest in early winter!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Now that truly is a community pot, it will look great when all the lettuce starts spilling over the edge.

Chandramouli S said...

Yay, yay! That'd keep you stomach fed for weeks! What great friends you made!

Drea said...

I've never known how broccoli grows. I'll have to try this once I get my garden started. Thanks!