Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pivotal Issues

Hi to all the readers out there. Sorry for the limited posting lately and the lack of commenting on your blogs. I read them every day, and find them sustaining, but lack the energy (and sometimes the brain power) to contribute anything comment worthy. Be assured I am drooling over the pictures of your summer harvests, in particular the amazing tomatoes, I am sympathising with my fellow Winter gardeners as they deal with less than ideal conditions, I am just not being vocal about it.

As most of you know I am a PhD student, and I've just entered my last year of study. With chapters due, papers to write for numerous conferences, teaching to supplement my meagre scholarship (and all the marking that entails) along with upkeep of the balcony garden and my own place I've found my blogging time and energy falling away. I will endeavour to keep writing and I have so many posts stored in my mind (along with 100 000 words of thesis!!!) There are apple trees to introduce, eggplants who survive Australian Winters to profile, my adventures in mulch land, a yellow primrose to laud over, and spring blossoms only minutes away. Rest assured I'll bring you all this and more, it just might not be every day or even every second day.

Thanks for all the comments on this blog and blog love and for letting me share all your gardening experiences. Garden blogging is such a rewarding experience (as is gardening itself.) I don't think I could write my thesis without having my time away gardening blogging.

So for today, as I hurriedly add the final touches to my methodology chapter, one of the most pivotal aspects of a thesis, I leave you with this picture, of something pivotal to a balcony vegetable garden - flowers! In this case it is the white cornflower, and I finally, with the help of a new camera, managed to snap a good one of it! Kalena Michele, these are what you should plant in Autumn!!!

2 comments:

thyme2garden said...

Good luck on your last year of study! A lot of my college friends became PhDs (me, I'm a slacker who happily stopped at a Masters degree) so I have a good idea of how much work and effort goes into earning one. Take care of yourself, and I'll be looking forward to most posts from you when you get around to them!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Good Luck with the writing. In a few weeks I will be a 3rd year PhD student and probably will have less time gardening and be stuck in the lab. I gather we are in the same boat.