Sunday, October 10, 2010

While I was away ...



Wow, where did the last week go? If anyone knows please tell me because I want it back. Too much uni work, with a few fun social times thrown in for good measure meant this blog got neglected. But the garden certainly was taken care of, and even a few new additions found their way into the fold. I'll post later on that one. In the meantime, above is a shot of the balcony as it was when I returned. Housesitter B did a splendid job and anything grew amazingly while I was away. The before shots can be found in my last few posts, but here are some afters for good measure! Some things blossomed, like one of the apples and a lime and the flowers on the boronia opened to let off a beautiful scent.


The crops got bigger, including the eggplants, corn, zucchinis and garlic while some things like snow peas and beetroots germinated.





The tomatoes, both seedlings inside, and larger plants outside became triffid like.




The currants took on a huge new lease of life.



Others didn't fare so well. The primroses don't like the heat too much, and the nectarine has a terrible case of curly leaf and I have only found one fruit on it so far.


Still not bad for only two weeks! Go my little balcony garden.

No comments: