Monday, October 25, 2010

Harvest Monday

Spring has sprung and the harvest is beginning to pick up. Zukes are starting to fruit, as are tomatoes but it'll be a while before I harvest them. And, for once I remembered to take pictures of the harvest! It was a bit similar to times past, lettuce, eggplant, carrots but this time with one lovely addition - a strawberry (or 3.)

Eggplant was holey, thanks to Mr snail.



Carrots ranged from baby purples,



to lady-shaped purples,



to wierdly mangled multi-colours.



Lettuce is continuous and tasty.



While this Kurowase strawberry was shared by 3 eager tasters.



It was light but sweet and smushy. The Hokowases I ate this morning were smaller but stronger in taste. Looking forward to a large harvest of these this summer. What are you harvesting this week? Look over to Daphne's Dandelions for more posts.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a great harvest!

Unknown said...

What a lovely blog you have got! I am so pleased to have found Daphne's blog and Harvest Monday-theme. It makes me find wonderful blogs that I never would have found otherwise:)
Have a great week,
Charlotta in Sweden
Cesar's Garden

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Lovely! That carrot lady sure got some great legs./ Tyra

Megan said...

Great harvest! I love the lady shaped carrot! :)

Barbie~ said...

LOL - Nice carrots.

meemsnyc said...

I love the eggplants. So cute.

JGH said...

Oh, I WISH I'd grown those purple carrots this year. They are so cool!

Dan said...

Love those purple carrots!

thyme2garden said...

lady carrots, love it!

Daphne Gould said...

You have a balcony garden and still get snails? Somehow it just doesn't seem fair. Love all the pretty carrots you are growing. The purple ones are just so purple.

Chandramouli S said...

Hi Prue! Back again! You have a reputation for great harvest. Those strawberries look yummy!

PJ said...

Oh wow thanks everyone for all the comments.

Emily - it was great and tasty too

Madame C - welcome to the blog and yay for harvest Monday. Daphne does such a great job with it.

Tyra, Megan, Barbie, JGh, Thyme2garden and Dan - The lady carrot was so funny and pretty that I didn't wan't to eat it (but did and it was extra delicious!!!!) Purple carrots rock

Meemsnyc - they are very sweet when they are small, I only picked them because a snail thorugh they were rather tasty too! Hopefully the other ones size up more.

Daphne - we go on snail killing missions but never get them all, and I really don't like using bait. Must have come in on a plant from someone's garden that they gave me, or in the soil. Not to mind, love a good challenge.

Chandramouli!!!! I was just thinking about you - glad to see you back. Wish I could send you some of the strawberries, they were tasty. Don't give up trying to grow them, I am sure you can.

Debbie in MS said...

Yeah for strawberries! So hard to decide who gets those first few berries!!

Purple carrots... my brain has a hard time wrapping my mind around the color but they look good.