Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making with the Smiles

Woke up today and thought I was back in London. When i lived there, in 2003/2004, doing the bar/kitchen backpacker thing I remember a constant black gritty feeling on the days I used the tube. I would sneeze and the sight was never pretty and invariably black (there's a lovely image for your morning coffee!!!)

With the smoke haze in the air in Melbourne that feeling of gritty ickyness is creeping back in. So I thought I would just post something that makes me smile and ward of any impending blues. But what makes me happiest? An evening with friends - check - that is set for tomorrow night. Having a study breakthrough - check again - happened yesterday and today I can continue that. But what else, that is blogworthy, makes me smile? Pictures and surprises and memories always make me smile. Like yesterday when I got a surprise package in the mail amongst the phone bills - twas from my lovely Mother and in it were some photos she thought I might like. One was from Christmas with me in the balcony Garden, others much older. So hopefully this motley collection of back catalogue Balcony Garden shots can do the same and ward of any impending black grit blues.

5 comments:

Dan said...

I hope the smoke, ash etc subsides soon. If it is any consolation wood ash in smaller quantities is pretty good for your soil.

Our weather this time of year is anywhere from 5c to -10c, gray & damp. Very depression after a while so I can relate.

Nice Photos!

Anonymous said...

A gentle wind blew the black grit away. Love your person climbing the ladder and the tomatoes look tasty.

I'm praying that rain will drown the fires.

Chandramouli S said...

It's all fresh and cool to the eyes. I love your cute garden helper with his ladder...

Michelle said...

Those are smile inducing photos :)

Hope your skies are brillant blue soon!

SuburbanGardener said...

I like the lego guys. Great idea for photos