Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sunny disposition

Owwww my aching tummy. I just ate way too many jelly beans. Oooopsss. While some people are sporting Easter chocolate binge related stomach grumbles I am super bouncy on the sugar in the jelly beans, though still slightly ill on the inside. The Easter bunny knows that I find chocolate OK, but that jelly belly jelly beans touch the part of my inner soul that smiles 24/7. Do feel sorry for my parents who are housing me at present (but who are also probably slightly to blame (in a good way) for this sugar rush.)

One thing that was also bursting, at least before I left Melbourne was the red velvet sunflower.





These pictures just don't do it justice. It was super red when I left and the petals were lusciously soft. Probably as red as the red cherry jelly beans. I'd have said as red as the raspberry ones but they don't come in the 20 flavour pack. Don't worry there wont be many/any more jelly bean sugar highs in the near future, I've eaten all the good flavours!!! Who wants watermelon or juicy pear (that tastes like soap)??? Blech not me. :)

5 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

Yummm! You make me wanna eat Jelly Beans now. That Sunflower definitely looks gorgeous. I sowed them two days ago (the packet shows a color similar to yours). Hope they grow soon!
Glad to hear you're being pampered. Enjoy it all while you can!

Steve Asbell said...

Woah! I have not seen a sunflower that gorgeous, not even in kansas! Hmm... jelly beans. So thats why my tummy hurts!

Alexa said...

Ah, a true connoisseur, I reckon most Australians underrate jellybeans. They're especially popular around Easter time in the States so this is the time of year when I miss eating them.

I love the watermelon ones and don't mind the juicy pears but I can't stand the buttered popcorn.

PJ said...

Chandramouli - hehe Jelly beans are the best. Good luck with your sunflowers, they should turn out well!

Steve - it is a pretty special one. ha ha, you've been into the jelly beans too?!? They're more than slightly addictive

Alexa - well maybe between us we would finish the packet because I loved the buttered popcorn ones! My sister is over in the states atm and she thought that Easter was a bit quieter than it is here in Oz. Less chocolate and no public holidays.

Alexa said...

Yep in the States it's more a day for kids with boiled eggs and some chocolate bunnies. I'm not complaining, I love the long weekend and the chocolate eggs!