Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Harvest

My camera is currently with a friend so I will be using older pictures, and some from earlier in the week to illustrate this week's harvest. I harvested lots of this, about 3 meals worth (for you Daphne.)



Two of these



One of these (the long one at the bottom which grew bigger, the fridge thing with the pollen worked!!!)



The long beans in this pot (not the peas) and then another large handful of the same tonight



five of these a night



and a handful of lettuce, basil, other herbs and onions pretty much every night! Great harvests for a great summer on the balcony garden

8 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Harvest for our own meals.... neat and meaningful! ~bangchik

Lou Murray's Green World said...

Awesome harvest for a balcony garden. I also garden in a small space--my tiny southern California yard. Because of lack of sun, I grow some things in containers and have had good luck with green onions and bok choy in pots. I just got backyard chickens yesterday. Hope you'll stop by to see my new girls.

Michelle said...

How delightful to be eating from the balcony garden every night. You've really got a green thumb. I'm going to have to remember the pollen in the fridge trick for my winter squash this year.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Great to hear that the fridge thing worked. I'm adding it to the list of things to try as it could really help out a lot of people. I have a friend who is starting a balcony garden next year, I'll have to mention this blog to her.

Daphne Gould said...

You have me pegged. I do love my chard. I only have three and a half more months to wait for it. :< Yours looks very good though. :>

Dan said...

Good to hear the pollination worked. Looks like you have a nice crop of zuc's coming!

Chandramouli S said...

Yummy yum! I love squashes! I finally have the courage to start the veggies! Thank you, Prue!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Yum - what a proud feeling to be able to stroll out to the balcony and 'pick' your dinner!