Monday, November 15, 2010
Oh it has been a busy week or two, but the balcony garden waits for no postgrad. I've been harvesting quite a bit recently included in this is:
1. A bunch of oddly shaped purple carrots
2. 3 full sized zukes weighing in at over half a kilo and 3 small baby zukes which went in salad
3. lettuce almost every day (I love my salads)
4. Several strawberries of various kinds
5. Two little stems of red currants!
6. Sage for various pumpkin dishes
7. Three small eggplants which went into a curry
8. 1 head of garlic which went into a risotto (yes all of it) and 2 small heads of poorly formed garlic.
Harvest Monday looks set to be even better from here on in. Head on over to Daphne's Dandelions for mnore harvest monday madness.